TO BECOME A USA POWERLIFTING TENNESSEE STATE REFEREE, PLEASE FILL OUT THE FORM BELOW
Qualifications for USA Powerlifting Referees
State officiating tests are administered by the USA Powerlifting State Chairperson, upon request. They are evaluated by the appointed member of the Referee’s Committee. Requirements for taking the state referee test are:
- Candidates must be a minimum of 18 years of age. Candidates must be current members of USA Powerlifting. Registration cards must be presented to the State Chairperson prior to test administration.
- Candidates must have approval of their State Chair to take the test.
- Candidates must be actively involved in the sport of Powerlifting for a minimum time period of one year in one of the following capacities: athlete, coach, meet director, or scoring table official.
- Candidates must pass the written (passing score = 80%) and practical (passing score = 90%) portions of the test
- When necessary, re-test arrangements may be made after a minimum of six weeks following the previous test date.